- What is the Pindle app?
- How does the Pindle app work?
- What can we do on the pindle app?
- What are the key features of the Pindle app?
- How is Pindle different from other social media apps?
- Does hashtag search work on the Pindle app?
- How to post pictures on Pindle & what is the supported ratio of pictures?
- How can one explore new users on the Pindle app?
- How can Pindle help you?
- How to become an Ambassador?
- What are the benefits of being an ambassador?
- What are the steps and criteria to grow on Pindle?
- Why did my post fail?
- Why am I not able to post at some particular locations & what’s the solution?
- Why doesn’t Pindle support all android devices?
- Do I still own the rights to my pictures after uploading?
- How to share the link to my profile with others?
- How to earn gems?
What is the Pindle app?
Pindle is a social media app for travellers & photographers that lets you pin your pictures on the Pindle map. Simply put, you can understand it as a combination of Google Maps & Instagram.
How does the Pindle app work?
Pindle works on a technology called Geotagging. The app reads the GPS location from your picture while uploading if the location service for the camera was on while taking pictures. If not, you can select the location of the picture by searching the name of the place in the search bar on the map.
What can we do on the pindle app?
- Share pictures with others
- Explore new places to travel
- Chat with people around you and other cities
- Meet like-minded people
- Meet people who want to travel with us
- Meet local guides to explore hidden places
- Access and provide Couch Surfing
What are the key features of the Pindle app?
- Chat with people around you
- Meet locals and travel together
- Meet like-minded people and share a coffee
How is Pindle different from other social media apps?
- Information about locations/pictures based on the exact location on Map
- Creators can earn from the beginning
- One can start monetising from the app within a few weeks
Does hashtag search work on the Pindle app?
No, Pindle doesn’t use hashtag exploration but you can use hashtags. If someone searches for a hashtag, it shows the results of the same hashtag only in a limited area.
How to post pictures on Pindle & what is the supported ratio of pictures?
- Tap on the camera icon,
- Open the picture gallery of your phone,
- Select the picture to be uploaded
- Select free transform and set your desired frame size
- Select the location of the picture on the map
- Select the category of the picture
- Give a title to your picture
- Write about the picture/place in the description box
How can one explore new users on the Pindle app?
On the explore page, tap on the “All Posts” tab and the app will show you the recent posts done all over the world as well as show you the list of recently active users
How can Pindle help you?
- If you are a budding photographer, Pindle will help you to nurture your talent with guidance and provide you with photography accessories
- If you are a traveller, Pindle will help you to plan trips on budget and also earn with your posts about the places that you have travelled to
- If you are a digital nomad, Pindle helps you to earn by joining the Pindle team as a paid influencer
How to become an Ambassador?
- Pin good and accurate content on the Pindle map
- Engage with other community members
- Help the Pindle app to grow in your country
- Apply for the ambassador level at the end of the month
- The content team evaluate your feed and upgrades you to ambassador level if they feel that you are deserving
What are the benefits of being an ambassador?
- Become part of the global community leadership team
- Earn extra gems with good content
- Direct interaction with the core Pindle team
- Exclusive contests for ambassadors
- Several other ways to earn Gems
What are the steps and criteria to grow on Pindle?
- Good content
- Accurate locations of the picture
- Informative posts
- Supporting other community members
Why did my post fail?
There may be 2 reasons :
- Your device doesn’t support the Pindle app
- The location you are trying to pin is out of the permission area in the Pindle map
Why am I not able to post at some particular locations & what’s the solution?
There are certain border areas that don’t support the pinning pictures on the Pindle map like – Ladakh, Kashmir, some parts of Arunachal, Nagaland.
- Post your picture by selecting the neighbouring state/area where pinning is allowed
- After posting, go to edit a post and move the pin to the accurate location and post again (THIS WORKS FOR ONLY ANDROID DEVICES)
Why doesn’t Pindle support all android devices?
The Pindle app works on a new feature called GPS tagging. Since this is not a common feature for the apps, some android devices don’t support this function. WHY? Though android is a common OS, device makers tune it further as per device to make it unique. This is the reason that the Pindle app functions slow and lags in some android devices (the process to simulate with such devices is underway and we will soon resolve this issue).
- Use the Pindle app using a VPN
- Use the Pindle app using the android simulator on your laptop (eg. Bluestacks)
Do I still own the rights to my pictures after uploading?
Yes. You reserve your rights for your pictures. Pindle is only a platform to showcase your work to others. You can use your trademark on your pictures.
How to share the link to my profile with others?
You can’t create the link to your profile but you can create and share a link to your post with your friends. Tap on the 3 dots above your post (..), and various options will appear. One of those is – “Share”
Tap on Share and copy the link or send it directly to your friends on other social media apps.
n there are 4 other ways to earn gems
How to earn gems?
General users on the Pindle app can earn gems through these:
- When another Pindle user likes your post and donates gems to support/encourage more good content
- When the Pindle team like your posts and donate gems to your post
- When your post is selected in the guidebook (check the guidebook section of your country on the search page – lens icon)
Another fast way to earn gems is become a Pindle ambassador. The ambassadors get several other ways to earn gems (which will be revealed to you during the ambassador meeting). Post good content on the Pindle app and share it with your friends/family to become a Pindle ambassador. The content team will evaluate your activities and contact you once they find you suitable for ambassador.
To know the features of the app – search #Pindleappdemo on Instagram and check reels by Pindle ambassadors.
If you have any other questions regarding the Pindle app, write them in the comments and I will answer them ASAP